Friday, February 11, 2005

Hello world

Hello everyone,

my name is Marc and I moved to New York City from Munich, Germany in December 1999 to pursue a childhood dream of living in America. Having worked as a journalist, mostly covering internet and mobile technology topics I thought it was the right time to make this move to New York City at a time when the dot.com world was still existent and there were some very cool websites out there that never made money, but they were cool anyway.

So I started a job as Creative Director at a Silicon Alley interactive design firm, where I worked for about one year until we had to close down this incredibly creative studio of artists and visionaries, because all of our former clients went out of business and we couldn't cover our own costs any more - so we died with them.

Ever since I have been calling myself as "Struggling Freelancer", and spent some good and not so good times in New York City.

I am still here, and I am staying (as long as I can).

I started this blog because there are still so many things in this city I wanted to share with other people. Especially because I think that my way of seeing things is quite weird sometimes. I also have a website called New York Stories at http://www.newyork-stories.com, which is mainly in German. I am planning (bla bla bla) to post some English stuff on there too. But in the meantime, you will have to stick to this blog.

I hope you like it.

Later,

Marc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home